Sunday, December 4, 2011

Just a Thought

So tonight I was talking to a friend of mine about all I have been through these past years with the fighiting and such with the parents. I finally realized (yes it has taken this long) that no matter what I have been through I have the strength to get right back up. My revelation comes from years of hatred and being an outcast in my family.



I have also relized that I have the experience to help some of the adolecents I may get the chance of working with since I am applying for a job as a mental health tech at an adolescent treatment facility. I have been verbally abused by my parents, I have dealt with cutting and drinking and sucidal ideations, and I have dealt with depression. I however have, thank goodness, had the strength to get through all I have been through with just a few scars and bad memories. Why it has taken me this long to understand that I am strong is beyond me but it makes me happy to think that I am able to be this strong.



I also have to thank all my friends that have had my back over the years. If it wasn't for you I don't think I would be here today. When I went through the period of having the sucidal thoughts it was my friends I turned too to talk. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't have these friends I do today. It scares me to think that a few years ago I might have choosen to end my life due to the stress I had and the feeling of loneliness. My friends have always meant the world to me (more like brothers and sisters than friends) and God has put you in my life to show me I am loved in this world more than it feels like. Those who read my blog you are the best friends I have had in my life (you know who you are). One friend in particular has had my back since we were in elementary school together. I am so glad she is back in town so we can get together which also helps me relieve my stress. Thanks again for all you guys do!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are doing better, things do get better, not always in a hurry like we would like but they still work out in their own way. Best wishes. Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete